The Science

Cluster headache

Cluster headache is a primary headache disorder affecting approximately 0.1% of the population. It is characterized by intense unilateral headache attacks accompanied by symptoms such as swelling of the face or watering of one eye. The attacks can last up to 3 hours and occur up to 8 time per day. 85% of patients suffer from episodic cluster headache, consisting of attacks in clusters (or "bouts") of a week to a year (mostly two weeks to three months), interrupted by attack-free phases of remission lasting three months to years. The remaining 15% of patients who suffer from chronic cluster headache experience no remission phases (or shorter than three months).

Further reading

Supported By